Richardson and Sinclair would like to welcome all new vendors. To assist you we have outlined the process selling at the Dubbo Regional Saleyards. Please do not hesitate in contacting our office on 68823111 if you have difficulties understanding any of the points.
Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office fax: 68846441
Richardson and Sinclair: Office hours- 9.00am- 5.00pm (Lunch break 12.30-1.30).
Office staff: Mon- Thursday– Heidi Packer Friday– Lesley Hyland
- Please complete the Client information sheet that is required by the Richardson and Sinclair office. A copy can be located on the website and can be filled in and automatically returned or print a copy off and fax/scan or mail to the office. Please double check your details to ensure that you have provided the office with accurate information, especially bank account numbers.
- Is your property registered with the Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and do you have a Property Identification Code (PIC)? If you don’t, you need to contact your local DPI office to fill in the necessary paperwork for registration.
- Is your property Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) Accredited? If you don’t you need to contact (MLA) Meat and Livestock Australia on 1800683111 for registration. They will be able to provide you with National Vendor Declarations. (Red meat producers need to ensure they have the current Livestock Production Assurance National Vendor Declaration (LPA NVD) version when consigning livestock. The current LPA NVD is required for all livestock movements, including property to property, through saleyards, direct to processors and to feedlots, and the live export trade.
- Since the 1st of January 2012 buyers are requiring further information on the history of your cattle for eligibility for certain export markets, ‘Russian and Saudi Eligible” is to be written in Question 9 of your NVD if your cattle meet the following requirements:
- Russian Eligible- No use of Oxytetracycline or Chlortetracycline antibiotics within the past 90 days.
- Saudi Eligible- Cattle have not ben fed feed containing animal fats
Please see further guidelines for completing an NVD form on the website for further assistance
- Do your cattle have National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) devices in their right ear? All cattle by law must have an NLIS device prior to movement off your property. If you have purchased cattle and they have lost their tag in transit you must replace it with an orange NLIS device which is registered to your PIC. Please do not remove NLIS devices or place a second NLIS tag in cattle.
- Cattle must be delivered to the sale yards no later than 9pm on a Wednesday night.
- Sheep must be delivered by 10am on Monday morning.
- Your prices will be phoned, faxed or emailed to you at the completion of the sale. (Please be aware that on larger yarding days cattle may not be weighed until the early hours of the following morning eg: 3am and the necessary paperwork to ring prices won’t be available until later that morning eg: 7am.)
- Proceeds from sales will ‘be electronically transferred 7 days post sale. (This is our preferred method of payment but a cheque will be sent if requested).
- You will need to ensure that you are registered with the office at the saleyards.
- Purchase of livestock using the Richardson and Sinclair name has to be prearranged and approved by one of the Livestock agents prior to the sale.
- Livestock remains the property of Richardson and Sinclair until paid in full.