INFORMATION ON BUYING
- Speak with your lender to arrange the best loan to suit your needs. Have pre-approval organised before searching for properties.
- Prepare a short list of properties in your preferred area that suit your lifestyle. Keep in mind affordability and accommodation requirements, access to schools and services.
- Research sales in those preferred areas. Inspect every property in your preferred area so you have a feel for the price. Attend all auctions in the area.
- When you find a property you are interested in act quickly in submitting an offer and negotiating a sale. Once your offer has been accepted proceed to exchange contracts without delay. You cannot secure a property until you exchange contracts.
- We recommend that you arrange a building and pest inspection to make you aware of any major defects and pest concerns eg: white ants, termites.
- Seek your solicitors or conveyancers advice regarding the sale contract.
- If you are bidding at an auction, we recommend you read the Office of Fair Trading’s “Bidder’s Guide” before you attend the auction. You can find a copy of the Bidder’s Guide at www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/pdfs/secondarymenus/publications/ftr31.pdf
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit. Your deposit will be held in trust until settlement.
- On settlement day, your solicitor or conveyancer may request that you have a pre-settlement inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it and that all the inclusions are as per the contract you signed.